Even if you have moved your small business or home from one address to another in the past, you should still brush up on some packing tips. At the end of the day, you want to make sure you have everything put together ahead of time. A successful move requires planning and then more planning. A lot of that planning is going to come down to knowing what to do to address the myriad of tasks and demands that are going to be associated with your moving project, so use some of these packing tips as they will definitely help you out.
If you have never attempted a move on your own before, there is no question that you can definitely take advantage of some basic packing tips. Simply put, the more you know, the easier things are going to be when the big day arrives:
- With the exception of the dishes, the smaller the box is, the heavier it is going to be to carry.
- Dishes/fragile items should be wrapped individually, standing on edge in what is known as a China barrel. Packing paper should be loosely placed below the dishes/items, above these things, as well as between each item.
- For obvious reasons, an overfilled box is going to be hard to stack.
- All boxes should be taped from both the top and the bottom.
- Get as many residents of your home as possible involved with the packing process.
- Make sure all boxes have been marked to correspond to the room they are going to wind up in.
- Lamp shades should be packed with the corresponding boxes. They should not be left loose in any capacity.
- If possible, have your clothing left in their wardrobes.
- If you hire movers, keep in mind that they do not deal with perishables/aerosols/combustibles/corrosives.
- Do not put off packing until the last possible moment. Of all our packing tips, that might be the most valuable one of them all!
“Our Family Helping Yours”